Welcome, Guest! Registration RSS

Spiral13

Wednesday, 24 Apr 2024
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Spiral13 Forum » Forum » Coding & Design » Adding some spice to your website (Learn the basics of HTML code.)
Adding some spice to your website
freedomianrepresentativeDate: Monday, 03 Jan 2011, 10:28 AM | Message # 1
User
Awards: 0
Ok everyone, today I'm going to demonstrate a short HTML tutorial. Before I begin, I'll tell you exactly what HTML is. HTML is a type of code used to build a website. A website generally requires code to get set up, unless you use a service like Freewebs or Tripod. Regardless or not if you use code, you'll want to keep traffic up and keep your visitors coming back, therefore you need some type of code.

Yeah, it took me a while to figure out exactly how computer coding worked, be it Javascript, HTML or even CMS. Once I took a look at the big picture, I found out how easy HTML was.

How would you like stuff that moves around your site, like laughing and crying smiley faces, or a quill and a bottle of ink writing "Welcome to my site".

How would you like to make the most epic site in the world, looking as if it were made by profesionals, not beginners? If so, I'll begin my demonstration at once.

HTML is just a bunch of random letters, numbers, and symbols mixed together. When you put it somewhere that can display HTML, like a forum, or a thread on a forum, or a page on a website, it will show up something really cool!

Whatever the HTML code was written for--to be a laughing smiley face, or a talking dog, or a quill and bottle of ink writing all over the page, it will end up making your visitors marvel and envy your website! Pretty cool, huh?

Let's get started, OK? First, copy-and-paste the whole code you see below. When you paste it somewhere that allows you to type text, like the reply area, (below) where you type a reply to this, it will show up! Now, if this forum is not HTML compatible, meaning that it cannot display that cool laughing smiley face, that's A-OK. If it dosen't work here, you can always try somewhere else.

The code you see above is a code for a smilely face that is laughing hysterically. I have absolutely no expierience in writing HTML, it's a very complicated thing to do. However, I understand the concept and understand some forms of editing.

As you can see in the code, it says twice the URL of the maker of the HTML code. By clicking on that, it will take you directly to their website. Now, how would you like to learn how to change this smiley around?

Ok, now, click on the smiley. Notice, instead of taking you to the freesmileys website, you went to the Sprial 13 homepage. I edited the area that had the 1st URL you saw.

Now, to wrap this up, and to see if any of you learned anything, I want all of you to go out and google "HTML stuff". Copy and paste any code to this thread. We'll see how well you did.

Oh, I just forgot! None of you got to see what the code looked like!
[url_=http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php][img_]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif[/img][/url](Remove underscore)

And, when I changed the code:
[url_=www.sprial13.com][img_]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing001.gif[/img][/url](Remove underscore)

It's simple a pie! Thank you all for your time, I hope you know a little more about HTML now. If you would like to learn more, or have any questions, or you want to show me a cool smiley, visit my website at www.freewebs.com/freedomia and message "Mark A. Williams II--Prime Minister, Empire of Freedomia".

Thanks!

Copyright © 2011 Spiral13

Mark A. Williams II
Prime Minister, Empire of Freedomia
www.freewebs.com/freedomia

TylerDate: Monday, 03 Jan 2011, 5:30 PM | Message # 2
Helper
Administrator
Awards: 3

Spiral13 Forum » Forum » Coding & Design » Adding some spice to your website (Learn the basics of HTML code.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: